Monday, August 14, 2006

Depressed

Being away from home, friends, family, and your usual environment would really turn a meek turtle or a humorous rabbit into a crying parrot. I assure you, I saw one.

Me and several other colleagues were sent here in Tokyo for a two year assignment. At first, everyone was so delighted. You'll never see faces without those smiles of excitement. Gradually then came the whines and sores. "The apartment is so far from office.", "It took 30mins of walking and 30mins of train travel from home to office.", "I feel tired everyday.", "The office is so boring.", "I miss my friends.", "I miss home.", "I just cant easily take a leave even if I had a headace.", "I hate those japs on the train.", "I hate the foods.", "..", ".", "", ... and so on until some of them behaved so wierd that they they wont speak with anyone, stay on their rooms the whole day, buy a lot of things, eat a lot, and a little grumpy.

I too had my fair share. I had trouble sleeping. No matter how i tried, Im still up until 1am or 2am, then suddenly be awaken by 5am or 6am, then try to sleep again just to be shocked by the alarm at 8am. I developed a constant headache and heavy feeling no matter how i tried to rest, sleep or lie down. Then i had an unusual hairfall, pimples, and a red and weary eyes. Just lately, I had read in the internet that what I had are symptoms of depression. I cant believe it. I thought I am strong enough to keep myself from being depressed. Then I realized that never in my life did I have been this far from home. I mean this long. Its been almost seven months now and the situation seems to get worse. That is why I need to do something about this. I just had a routine of exercises, hot bath, diet, and raw music. I had these for almost two weeks now and Im glad there are little improvements. I transfered my sleeping area, to the loft instead of in the living room just to set myself that the loft is a place for sleeping and rest. So that everytime I would lie down in the loft, subconciously my mind will know that it is time for bed.

Whew, its tough. Never been into this before. Its worse than the problems and insecurities I had experienced before. I hope I could get through these. I hope no suicidal instincts would get into my nerves (hehehe kidding).

2 comments:

emmz said...

pssstttt.... what you wrote here are things that crossed your mind. but i have faith in you that you are showering yourself with positive vibes and that you're doing something about it! move that sleeping bed outside para lalong masaya! :p

btaw, stay healthy ;) sleep well!

PollenPen said...

just read this after 15 years? :) thank you pa rin