Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Monkey Politics (A Friend's Point Of VIew)


I was tempted to write down the opinion of a friend during one of our discussions. He is also an IT like me who is working in Cebu. His situation sounds so familiar to me that it kind of amuses me somehow:
Oh. This month is July. And July is something I USED to look forward to. Why, because it is the merit rating month. When I first got hired on this company, merit rating is something that inspired me to work hard. Not now hehehe. Some were disappointed for it. Why? Because it is tainted with politics. Lickers keepers. If you know what I mean. Simple, you lick assholes and you get your merit. It's something like you are in a tree full of monkeys. If you are down there and you look up, you"ll see assholes. But if you are up there and you look down, you'll see smiling faces. And those who lick your asshole, you grab them up with you (Because it could be lonely up there or the licking could be just annoying hehe). I just had this burst of feelings of disgust when a more-senior colleague called me, "Hey congratulations!! you got promoted, now we're both S********rs". Ewww. Disgusting. I don't even give a damn. Before, I tried to do my best but they did not recognize it. Now, I am just doing it less then they promoted me. Too late, I work now because I was paid and I enjoy with this group. And if I'm gonna stuck into this position forever, just what happened to this colleague of mine, I don't have plans anyway to stay longer in this tainted politics.

No comments: