Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The old, worn-out, and forgotten


This morning I was sorting out my cabinet to look for things, files, just anything I could throw to empty my cabinet from old and useless things. From last year's documents, worn-out notes, never-remembered receipts, to old project's design, that was all I got to throw in the trash to have a considerable space in my cabinet.

As I browse all these time-forgotten things, memories slipped in uninvited. The pictures were surprisingly very vivid, the sounds were undoubtingly very clear; the voices, laughters, jokes, even the smiles and the blurred faces I saw from the corner of my eyes were still there. One thing though caught my attention. It was January 5, 2003 in a calendar. I draw a broken-heart figure on that day. I put a note on it that says "If you could no longer remember this, or even if you could remember but without any pain felt, then you have moved on." On that instant, I tried really really hard to remember what this broken heart stands for. I really could not remember a thing no matter how hard I tried. Of course I know who could brought me this broken heart, or the person who have caused it but I could not tell what was the cause. It was then I started to think of the person. Surely that person have moved on also. It has been a very very long time since we had talked or even contacted by phone, or even emails. But what caused me to draw the broken-heart figure could be very painful to cause me to draw it.

Failed to remember anything about the drawing I just thow it with all the other old stuff. Surely the note really is right. I cant even remember why I did write that note. It seems I was looking forward for the day that the pain I felt at that time would simply go away. Not knowing that I would come across with it 5 years after. Surely, I have moved on.

No comments: