Thursday, July 24, 2008

the Day I said Goodnight to NSP




It was Tuesday, July 22, 2008. An ordinary day, the usual atmosphere with the early morning routines in the office. But not for me for the past four days.


I just recieved a job offer from that American firm in Malaysia which had me scheduled for a trip on that country a week ago. The job offer was cool enough. But you know, NSP had been a comfort zone for me for the past 9 years. My heart seems so hard to get uprooted from these soils. I prayed so hard for the past four days looking for signs if I would accept the job offer or not. Today is the deadline for me to make a decision. 80% of me is ready to relocate, 20% of me is not ready to take the risk. I need a full 100% commitment to do the verdict. I really do not know what and when to decide.


As a first step, on that day, I approached my manager and told her that If ever I resign, I would submit my resignation letter or notice around Friday, July 25. I already told her my intention to leave the company a week ago. She answered that if I already have decided why not today, at least the japanese bosses and the NCOS counterparts would be informed in advance. All of a sudden, I got a push. My decision to resign became 100% ready to take the risk. Maybe that was the push I needed that time. So I printed 6 copies of resignation letters for HR, for four Filipino managers, and for one of the Japanese bosses.


Everything went fine except for the Japanese boss. He dont want to accept it until I would have a talk with the other Japanese boss, his superior. Wow, that was cool, this couldn't be the same nightmare that I had a year ago when I tried to resign when the japs wont accept my resignation. So, instead of giving him my resignation letter, which he wont accept, I gave it to his boss.


Now, the talk to his boss was TOUGH. Yes, very. I wont let you dig down to the details but at least a hint would do for now. After that, we concluded that on my last day would be on the 25th of August, giving time for me to do some turn-over activities.


That's it. The big major turn for the risk has been decided last July 22, 2008. Goodbye NSP. Its been so long. 9 years of working with you has been very fruitful and memorable. The bitter days I had with you, the overnights, pains on release days, were the things that made me appreciate more when I had my time for myself, friends, loved ones, and family. The best years of my life. But I have to say goodnight to you even on this very early morning hour of the day.

No comments: