Monday, July 29, 2013

The Confidant

The Confidant



It was heavily raining that night, the streets paved with reflections of street lights, bouncing every neon through its watery floors, like silk that coated the streets to cover them from the raging rain. I was glad that it rains; it was too easy to cry in it. "I'll do my crying in the rain", a song I faintly recalled. I was soaked and wet, I knew how hard the wind blew, and vehicles that passed had splashed right at me, as thunders caught every passer’s attention, perfectly hiding the words I oddly uttered. the whole setting was like an orchestra, everything around me was in tune to the melancholic songs of pain I felt; or rather a painting, where in I mold the rain and thunders, the faint lights, the skies, and clouds, to vaguely display all of what I was going through.

There in the middle of nowhere, a familiar figure, secluded from everything around me, smilingly grins at me. He was not part of what was going through around me, for his silhouette was untouched by the boundaries of my consciousness. I felt a sudden rush of calmness. I believed that someone would now hear my songs of laughter and cries I vividly hid among the rainfalls. Though my thoughts build the warnings of his grin, what would my senses do? I am about to be crushed into the rushing flood of invisible pain and I have no other option but to cling to the thorned twig that offers relief and safety. I called him a confidant, my confidant. “I shall not hide even a single shadow from my confidant ", I swore, “for every shadow within me, their presence I do not seek". My confidant reveals everything before me and explores all darkness that devours the lights of my consciousness. I barely notice the orchestra playing with the rain; or was it still raining when I knew he was there?

He set the light for me that I believed I needed to exist, and I needed him for that light to exist, and I needed myself for him to exist. The light burned every pain, every anxiety, every space, every smile, every will, and everything... it… he burned even my flesh, that until now I doubt if my soul could still exist.






No comments: