Saturday, July 20, 2013

For the love of this Hobby


For the love of this Hobby . . .
. . . I shall battle or bottle ships of hardships.

Yes, that's it. For several months, I have thought about what would be my next hobby, after giving up Magic The Gathering, then Dungeons and Dragons, then online games, etc. I was thinking I would pursue blogging. But to make it more interesting, I may add travel and food blogs. Yes! That captured my blood that lays dormant and idle after all those years of gap, after giving up my previous hobbies.

I have started blogging several years ago, and poetry since high school, and this is the time to add flavor on the usual thing, adding travel and food blogs.

But what are my to do list:

1. Get a D-SLR Camera
Done. I got myself a 650D Cannon this month and this would help me get pictures if I travel, or drooling on foods I am about to taste. (At least I got excuses on additional orders).

2. Buy the Pollen Pen domain.
Done. Why Pollen Pen? Actually this was my pen name since high school. It is a long story. Just refer to www.pollenpen.com for details. Why buy the domain? Well, aside from having your own name, it will give you a higher sense of ownership, uniqueness, and importance of what you do. It is just the same thing as, "Ok this is getting serious.".

3. Redirect my old blogs to blog.pollenpen.com and poems to notes.pollenpen.com
Done. This one is a little bit tiresome. I came to understand DNS settings and aliases, and most of all, spent time reading on how to promote and monitor your own site. LOL. This was not even the actual creation of the main site yet. And oh, facebook creation: https://www.facebook.com/thepollenpen,  done.

4. Create the next blog for Food treks
Not Yet Done. This one is tough. I am having a hard time choosing between redirection or host it within pollenpen.com domain. Why the confusion? Because Google Sites has a very inferior templates compared to other web hosting sites, but using the Google Sites could provide a very good integration between web tools and sites, drives, document sync, etc. Still Thinking . . . 

5. Create the next blog for Food treks
Of course not even started. If the problem at hand would be solved then it would be fine.

Well, i guess it is a long way. And interesting. 
After all, I feel excited watching my list of all those places I plan to visit this year.

Remember, in the course among adversaries, hope must be as perennial as the grass.

See you soon . . .


No comments: