Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Million-dollar Baby Back Ribs

Here I am, after two weeks of stay in ShinKawasaki. Well, what do I get? First a comfortable place; no more wholes-on-my-door door but a solid but seemingly unbreakable one,cozy bathroom and kitchen, and well-ventilated living room(did I mention, internet connection?). But of course, its not the best room in Japan, because only the best things are free. It costs me 8Kyen for its monthly commodity fee. And I just had with me a phone line for a 4Kyen per month, a 22Kyen bicycle, an Ipod, shoes, clothes, watches, sunglasses, and etc (I think I have been so extravagant for buying all of these things). Anyway, I wont be buying all of these things again in the coming months (promise). It is what I call "buying happiness to temporarily suppress homesickness" thing. I think I just had my million-dollar baby back ribs with special sauce, lemon, wine, and a little bit of peppermint tingling on it when I really crave for "humba tagalog" and "tinono-an" (Dont ask, they are filipino cuisines).

No comments: