Sunday, January 15, 2006

Divinity Less

Some of my friends told me that I could become a poet. I strongly oppose to that idea and told them that being a poet is not easy, its not a potential, its a gift. You need to be able to live in a certain divine state of mind somewhere in the eye of a typhoon of words. Yet in that state you will be able to pick a single word out of it and form a delicate word, as delicate as a blooming rose. Which means being a poet is difficult and im far from it (",). Yet I met people who openly declare themselves as poets, and looking at their works, their not even close to it. Sadly, I wrote this piece for them to convey the idea that being a poet is not that easy, its like being a hermit, you should have a way to detach yourself from reality and view the world in a way so unique, in a language so familiar yet different. A poet is more divine than a Greek god.

Divinity Less

why do i choose to be obscure or oblique
to gods n geniuses i only seek to speak
why does imagination could uplift me
when in reality, i sink and lay weak

why do i build emblems with my words
when iron or fire is of the mightiest lords
why can i draw Zeus' potency with my pen
and Ares' rage, with feathers of birds

with a wish, i could make the universe reborn
and mold riddles from the simplest morn
out of the dark and desolate reality, i rise
to my unreal dominion unfathomed, unworn

i could watch the storm in a perfect velvet
or feast with a painting's thousand-word banquet
what divinity do i bear in this realm
to be more like a god but less than a poet

-pollenpen

No comments: